Wednesday 6 February 2013

Chivalry or Idiocy ?

 

Well I guess I AM  a 'seasoned' writer.That is, I can't write until something really thought provoking happens. Either that or I am extremely lazy.

And so it happened :D
But first, We'll talk about 'P-E-R-S-P-E-C-T-I-V-E'. Yeah, I did that to make it look important. Mind your own business.

Perspective, Some say the class (because 'Glass' is too mainstream :D) is half full, some say it's half empty. The former, are called teachers and the latter are US! Umm...that's all I had...Nevermind. So now that we're done with our crash course, let's get to the point, shall we?

THE THOUGHT PROVOKING EVENT! ( Ta dum dssh!)

I know you made that sound in your mind! Retards :P
Anyway, Here's what happened, in a nut shell. Walking home from college with a friend, which is kinda becoming a ritual now, I saw a frail, elderly guy in his mid 80s who needed some help to get down a flight of stairs. Seemed legit. Being a noble soul, I did help him. Respect was mutual. It was reciprocated with a gentle hug, a faint smile and blessings. To be frank, It made my day. Next, he offered us a handful of 'Shirdi ka Prasad' which I willingly took. The only thing that seemed out of place was that he then asked for some money to get home! He looked nothing like a vagabond in his kurta-pyjamas and a khaki jacket. But, the voice in my head was like, " Anything for the old guy! ". So, yeah...I gave him the money too.

NOTE that all this while, my friend did not say A SINGLE WORD! He just stood there and watched. I always thought he was the mature one. So there must've been reason behind his decision to not participate in the ongoing 'Chivalry or  Idiocy'  ( And he ingeniously slipped in the title into a sentence. Well played myself, Well played. )

Hence, it was time for,

C-C-CRITICAL ANALYSIS !!


The fact of the matter is, Old people cannot harm ANYTHING! I mean, why would they? They don't want to waste the little energy they have in trying to strangle someone! They'd risk a heart attack! Because I know that when I get old, I'm gonna sit on that rocking chair until my last breath. ( Hence, proved. I AM lazy).

Secondly, I am not a guy who would EVER give money to a beggar. I'd rather give it to someone who is doing something rather than sitting on his lazy ass and complaining about his sad , miserable life, like me. So No, I'm not a 'Charitable' person. I only gave him money, because he looked like he ACTUALLY  needed it!

My mom thinks I got mugged. But mums are like that I guess. -_-
My friends think I got mugged too. I'll find myself some new friends pretty soon.

Until then, Adios.

3 comments:

  1. great piece of writing........
    and yeah i made that sound in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what friend are you talkin abouty??? HUH!!!

    ReplyDelete