Wednesday 6 February 2013

Everything happens for a reason.



Alright, So, the following post is by someone whose work I truly appreciate. A dedicated writer, an awesome human being. Thank You Priya, for taking the time to write this wonderful post for my blog. This sums up pretty much everything this blog is about. I’m sure life has something amazing planned for you ;D 

Everything Happens for a reason



                                                                                                             By Priya Kharbanda

In class IX, I got separated from all my friends. I was all alone, in a class full of strangers. Okay, maybe not strangers. I’d known most of them since kindergarten, but only on a first name basis. They weren’t my ‘friends’. Just acquaintances.

I came home and cried the whole day. I hated God for doing this to me. I couldn’t believe HE could be so uncaring and harsh. I was a kid, really; and in my own words, ‘I wanted to die’. But my mom told me that it was going to be all right, and that everything happened for a reason. I discarded that piece of advice as typical-mom-wisdom-that-only-works-for-her-generation. I didn’t pay the slightest heed to her pravachan.

But, guess what? IXth was one of the best classes ever, for me. I made three amazing friends, whom I retained throughout high school, no matter how much the teachers or fate tried to separate us.
We’re still in touch, we talk on a regular basis, and we laugh and we gossip, and do all things we used to. We meet whenever possible, and support each other through it all.
I had a great almost-romance, with this really cute guy. It was a year filled with laughter, fights, issues, what not. And I had more fun then, than I’d ever had (till then).
And so, I started believing.

That everything, does in fact, happen for a reason.
Yes, there have been times when I’ve doubted this. Times when I’ve thought that the universe was being a pain-in-the-ass, and I cursed everyone and everything in the vicinity. But, of course, it turned out to lead to something wonderful-and if not that, then atleast something which was (painfully) good for me.

We fret about small, little things that go wrong with us; which do not co-incide with our expectation of the future. We start playing The Blame-Game, instead of understanding the truth. The truth, that everything is a part of a bigger plan. The Plan. The Plan for us all, by Destiny. We’re mere puppets, going about our life, thinking we’re the center of the universe, while it’s exactly the opposite. We’re just part of The Greater Plan.

It all happens for a reason. The reason may be anything, from a happier future, to an important lesson in life.

He broke your heart? Maybe he wasn’t The One.
You lost your job? Maybe you’ll get a better job, which suits your needs better.
You had a fight with your best friend? Maybe it’ll make your friendship stronger, and more honest; or maybe you’ll part ways. But it’ll be for the best.

Whatever happens, for whatever reason, we’ll all turn out fine. It’ll all be well in the end. Just remember one thing. 

Don’t you worry, child.

You can follow Priya at http://priya-kharbanda.blogspot.in/

No comments:

Post a Comment